Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Probe is almost complete!

YEAHHH!!!!! Genesis Labs called me today! I cannot tell you how long I have been waiting for this phone call! I almost sent them an email today asking how far along they were with making my probe but i told myself to wait until tomorrow. It's a good thing i did! So, Kelly from the lab called me today to set up a phone conference with myself, Justin, and Dr. Hughes - the man who literally STARTED PGD, the director of Genesis Lab! Apparently, Dr. Hughes calls all of his "clients" to go over consent forms as well as the PGD process with them before the probe is actually completed.

They had a cancelled appointment for TOMORROW! So, tomorrow at 11:00am, we have our conference call! I have such a busy day at work tomorrow, but i always told myself that i would never let work come before this whole process so i will just tell my supervisors i need to step out for a few moments! I am so excited, i cannot wait.

I also asked Kelly how they were doing with our probe and she said it is in the final stages. She said that it is in the "optimization phase" which means that the probe is COMPLETE and all they need to do is "test" how it works on some of my DNA that they have in the lab. She said our probe has been in this phase for a while now, which means it will most likely be completed very very soon! She said we could ask Dr. Hughes tomorrow how much longer it will take!

This means that I can start my IVF cycle this January! Part of me wants to start it right now, but i am not ready yet. I still need some more acupuncture treatments, and i need to get myself 100% prepared for everything before it begins. I don't want to rush anything. Also, I signed up for FLEX spending through my office which means they take $5,000 out of my paycheck over the course of the next year and put it into a tax free account. I can use this money to pay for the out of pocket expenses for the IVF cycle which is fantastic!

YAYAYYY!!!! I am so excited!!!! We're SO CLOSE!

No comments:

Post a Comment