Thursday, April 8, 2010

My 8 week sono!

Today I went in to give blood in the morning like I usually do. But, when I got to the doctor's office, they told me they don't need to take any more blood! That is a big relief to me because I end up obsessing over the Beta levels anyway. My sono was scheduled for 3:00pm that afternoon, but since I was already there, the doctor agree to see me and he did the sono!

Both babies got so big! I couldn't believe it! I was practically in tears when I was looking at them. The doctor focused in on each baby individually and I got to see each of their heads, their arms buds, and their legs buds! Clear as day! And, I was just staring at their heartbeats. It's unbelievable really. Since I could make out their heads and their bodies this week, I could see that their hearts were beating inside their tiny little chests! I was in awe. As doctor Hershlag focused in on one of the babies, he said, "I wonder if one of them will move" and with that, as if the baby could hear us, the baby moved! I almost fell off of the table! I couldn't believe I had just seen my baby MOVE! I am in love.

Oh, and I didn't get released today from my fertility doctor because he said he wanted to discuss my progress with my OBGYN before I go and see her. Also, since I did PGD, they recommend having a CVS or an amnio done to make sure both babies don't have the disease. He said he wanted to discuss that with my OB as well as his CVS specialist and get back to me next week. Justin and I are not sure what we're going to do. Even if both babies have the disease for some reason, we would never terminate so I don't know if it is worth the risk. We have a lot to discuss!

Here is the sono pic from today - since my doctor got both of the babies in the same picture, you cannot see the detail on each baby like the arm buds, etc., but you can see how much bigger they have gotten since last week!

1 comment: