Thursday, May 20, 2010

Drumroll Please ......

Today was my 14 week sono with my regular doctor, Dr. Chung. I brought my mother-in-law with me so she could she her grandchildren for the first time on the big screen! It was a fantastic appointment. Both babies were moving around and had strong heartbeats. One was in the 150's and the other was in the 160's. The babies also got so much bigger! Their bodies are starting to catch up with the size of their heads, and they are looking more and more like little babies! During the appointment, my doctor did ask me if I wanted to know the sexes of both babies. My response? "OF COURSE WE DO!" But, I said, please don't tell me right now. Please right down the sexes on a piece of paper and seal it in an envelope so I can open it later when I am with Justin.

As she started to look at Baby A, his/her legs were crossed! But, she was able to maneuver the sono in such a way as to zoom in right between his/her legs. She looked around for a few seconds and said, "oh yeah, I know what this one is!" Then, she moved to Baby B. Baby B had his/her legs wide open and just as she zoomed in between them, he/she crossed his/her legs and flipped around! I guess he/she was being modest :) So, my doctor had to find the perfect spot again and again, Baby B's legs were closed! My doctor was able to zoom in between the legs and after a few seconds she said, "Oh, I know this one too!"

She told me to have the genders confirmed at later sonograms, but she was as certain as she was ever going to be as to the genders at this point! I took the envelope, put it in my pocketbook, and went home a happy lady! Mom D'Elia and I spent the rest of the afternoon furniture shopping at Bellini, where Justin and I have already picked out the baby furniture!

Thinking my parents were in Montauk, I gave my mother a call after the appointment to tell her that everything went well and much to my surprise, they were home in Syosset! How perfect was this?!?! I told her to come to the D'Elia's later that night for dessert, and we would all open the envelope together!

Justin got home around 7:00pm last night and we ate dinner with his parents. After dinner, my parents came over and we called Matt in Grenada and put him on speaker phone and then we called Mike and put him on speaker phone. My hands were shaking as Justin and I opened the envelope.

I was SHOCKED. Totally and utterly shocked! I said, "we have a James AND a Joseph! We're having TWO boys!"

And here they are - James and Joseph D'Elia!



No comments:

Post a Comment