Thursday, March 18, 2010

My 5 week sono!

Today was the day of my first sono!! I went to the doctor's office at 8:00am to give blood so they could check my Beta levels again to make sure they were rising. Justin and I went back to the office at 1:00pm for our sono appointment. I was so nervous, it was unbelievable. I was praying so hard that my numbers were higher this week and that we could see something on the sono.

Soo after we got there, the nurse came and told us that my numbers looked great! They were now 2,982! Definitely doubling every two days! That immediately put my mind at ease. Shortly after the nurse gave me my beta results, we were called in to the sono room. Dr. Hershlag was there and started the sono. At first, he saw one beautiful little gestational sac with a yolk sac inside. That's exactly what you want to see at this point. You want to see the black gestational sac surrounded by a white "halo". He immediately saw one. He then started looking around some more and said, "oh wait, i think there might be another one in there!" Since it is so early, it is really difficult to tell how many were in there or how they were doing at that point. So he basically just said it "might" be another one, but it's small and I don't see a yolk sac yet, so I am considering it one pregnancy.

The, he kept looking around and he saw that same second sac again. He looked at it more carefully, and he saw that it was outlined with the white "halo". It was a nice size, not as big as the first one, but it was still there. He changed his mind and said, "i will consider this a double pregnancy" - TWINS!

But wait! He started looking around some MORE, and he thought he saw ANOTHER ONE! He said, "oh wow, i hope that last one didn't split!" He thinks the second embryo that we implanted might have split in two! He said it's WAY too early to tell right now, and that next week's sono will tell us more, but he said there are two in there, possibly three!

WOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!

At this point though, Justin and I are so excited that we have one beautiful little sac. We're trying not to get our hopes up for twins, since it is so early and anything can happen. So we're proceedings as we are pregnant with one, maybe two, babies! But in relaity, we're most likely pregnant with two, maybe three babies!

Here is a picture of my sono from today. He couldn't get both sacs on the same picture, so there are two separate pictures showing one sac each. He didn't take a picture of what he thought was a third sac because it was too small today. Justin and I are now waiting with baited breath until next Thursday!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment