Thursday, March 25, 2010

My 6 week sono!

Today was my 6 week sono and let me tell you, I was SO nervous! I was almost convinced there was something wrong. I got my blood drawn in the morning and had my sono in the afternoon. My Beta came back at 16,752, which i thought was low. But, according to Dr. Hershlag, it was perfect! So that made me feel better!

Then came the sono - Justin was with me and was rubbing my back until the doctor came in. He knew how nervous I was! He has been so confident throughout all of this, I wish I could be more like him!

So, Dr. Hershlag came in and started the sono. But, the screen was facing away from me. Since I was laying down, Justin could lean over and see the screen, but I couldn't see anything! After about 30 seconds (which seemed like forever), I heard the doctor say, "There are ........ TWO Heartbeats!!"
That's when he turned the screen over to me and I got to see two tiny little flickers of light, flickering away on the screen. I cried. It was the most incredlbe moment of my entire life. I could not believe it! The babies were measuring perfectly and everything looked great! Dr. Hershlag said we would be able to see the heartbeats much clearer next week! But, he did caution us and say that since I am so early, there is a chance that I could lose one twin. But, we're trying to be optmistic!

We are having TWINS!

No comments:

Post a Comment