Friday, February 5, 2010

11 days of Lupron and still no progress ...

Today was my eleventh day on Lupron and I still have not gotten my period! Basically, I cannot start my stimming medications (the egg producing meds) until I get my period. So, I am basically in a holding pattern until it comes and it is 6 days late! I cannot tell you how frustrating it is to sit and wait, and wait, and wait for something that doesn't seem to be coming! It sinks because I am so anxious to get this whole process started, and the waiting is killing me.

On a good note, i haven't really felt any bad side effects from the Lupron. The first week i felt nothing. The second week, I started to get little headaches throughout the day, I started to feel a bit nauseous, and i had hot flashes during the night. I also had minor emotional breakdowns every now and then (thanks, Justin, for putting up with me!). But all in all it hasn't been that bad! I have heard horror stories from some people who have had to take this so I am very thankful that it hasn't effected me that much.

The main thing that stinks is that this whole process has been pushed off by at least a week since everything has been taking so long to happen. I guess it doesn't matter in the whole scheme of things, but it gets annoying when you have your heart set on certain timing, only to have it delayed, and delayed, and delayed!

No comments:

Post a Comment