Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Blood work and sono #2

Today I had my second blood work and sono while stimming. I met with Dr. Cohen, and he was really nice too! The second he started the sono, his exact words were, "Oh my!" And i said, "there's a lot, right?" and he yes, "um, yes!" I asked him if he could give me a number of how many possible eggs there are, and he said it was too soon to tell, but there were a lot! Also, he said that my egg retrieval will most likely be early next week! YAY! I am so excited!

I got the phone call today from the IVF nurse and my instructions are to continue the Lupron at 5 units a day, and the Follistim at 225 ius a day and to come back on Thursday, 2/18/10, for more blood work and another sono. My Estrogen levels today were 600. I think everything is going well!

Only side effects I am feeling now are intense pressure in my lower stomach area and some cramping. The pain is radiating down my legs and my back. It isn't really painful, just uncomfortable. This is what's supposed to happen though, so I am not really worried. I just hope my egg retrieval comes soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment