Thursday, February 11, 2010

Stimming starts tomorrow!

I went to Dr. Hershlag's office today and had more blood work and another sono done. They do a sono to make sure I don't have any follicles (I shouldn't have any since I have been on Lupron) and to make sure don't have any cysts. Well, my sono was clear! Everything was good to go!

I also had to give blood - they needed to make sure that my Estrogen levels were low before I started the new meds. I got a call today from the office that everything was clear and I am good to go!

My schedule for the next two days are:
Lupron 5 units in the morning
Follistim 450 iUs at night

My next appointment with Dr. Hershlag is Sunday, 2/14/10. There, they will just check my progress. With the Follistim, I should start to make a bunch of follicles! I also have to take another medication called Menopur, but that doesn't start until next week.

Justin also has a task - he has to start taking Doxycycline (an antibiotic) twice a day, starting Sunday.

I am so excited! This is where everything really begins! Hopefully I produce enough good mature eggs to have a successful IVF cycle! Prayers please!

1 comment:

  1. Tomorrow is today!!! I am so excited and can't wait for more news!! We love and miss you guys!

    Love,

    Matt and Sarah

    ReplyDelete