Saturday, February 20, 2010

Blood work and sono #5 - Trigger Tonight!

Today was my fourth blood work and sono appointment. Justin and I met with Dr. Cohen and he said my eggs looked great! They were ready to be retrieved! He said it looks like I have about 12-15 good, mature eggs, and he wouldn't be surprised if they got more! He said he thinks I will be able to trigger tonight, but he has to wait to get my Estrogen levels back because if they are much higher than they were yesterday, I will have to "coast" for another night (another night without any stimming meds).

Well, I just got the call from the IVF nurse and I get to trigger tonight! My Estrogen levels were 4,400, which is high, but they seemed to have calmed down since I stopped the Follistim. I am triggering with half the amount of HCG that I normally would have because of my Estrogen levels. I have to take the trigger shot at 10:00pm - it's a specific time because the trigger shot prepares the eggs to be retrieved and I have to actually have the retrieval within 36 hours of the HCG trigger shot. So, my egg retrieval has been scheduled for Monday, 2/22/10, at 9:00am!!

I am completely shocked and so emotional. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that my hormones are all over the place right now, but I just cannot believe that this time has finally come! I feel like we have been waiting for this moment for over 6 months now, and it is finally here! I have been sobbing all day! I am just praying now that they retrieve enough good, mature eggs, that most of them, if not all, fertilize, and that I don't Hyperstimm after the retrieval!

If there are any more prayers left out there, I could sure use some! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment