Monday, February 22, 2010

Egg Retrieval!

Today was my egg retrieval! I can tell you that i barely slept last night. I kept tossing and turning, wondering what today would be like. Justin and I got up at the crack of dawn, showered, and went over to the Center for HUman Reproduction. Justin dropped of a fresh "sample" at the lab, and I had a sono. Dr. Scholl did the sono and he said my eggs looked perfect! He said my Estrogen was also up to 8,640!!!! That is very high, but he said it's ok because after i triggered with HCG the other night, they should have seen a huge jump in the Estrogen levels. If they didn't see a jump like that, there could have been problems. After the sono, I got ready for the retrieval. A very good friend of the family, Dr. Chris Campese, gave me anesthesia and he really made me feel so much better. I was a little nervous going in to all of this, and it was so comforting to see a familiar, caring face there with me. He put me to sleep, and 30 minutes later I was done!

They retrieved THIRTY EGGS! That's insane!!!! Now, not all of those eggs will be mature or will fertilize, but since I am doing PGD, it's perfect that i have such a high number to work with. I was in some serious pain right after the retrieval - very crampy and bloated and painful. I took some Tylenol and went home. So far the pain has been ok, not too bad, but definitely there. I have difficulty walking. If i am in pain like this tomorrow I will definitely stay home from work. I am just hoping and praying that the pain and the bloating go away and I don't hyperstimmulate. But, only time will tell. Hopefully, within the next few days, i will fell better and i won't hyperstimmulate.

Tomorrow at around noon I will get my fertilization report. That is basically a report that tell me how many eggs were mature, and how many fertilize. So, fingers crossed for a good report!

No comments:

Post a Comment