Today was our Transfer! Let me tell you, I barely slept last night! I just couldn't believe that the day was finally here! I got up at 6:45am, and showered. This shower was going to be my last shower for a few days, so I had to make sure I was clean! I then went to my last acupuncture appointment. Dr. Zhao gave me a treatment that was supposed to increase the blood flow to the uterus, and make it much easier for my embies to implant!
After my acupuncture appointment, I went home, picked up Justin, and we were on our way to Dr. Hershlag's office! I was so nervous because at this point, I still had no idea how many embies had made it to day 5, how many had the disease and how many did not, and if there were even any embies left to transfer! Not knowing our fate was the worst part of this entire process. Justin and I got to the doctor's office at 9:00am, checked in, and waited. And waited. And waited. We were then transferred to the "procedure waiting room" where we waited, and waited, and waited some more. Apparently, Genesis Labs (the lab doing our PD testing) had not sent the results of the genetic testing yet. At around 10:30am, after an hour and a half of waiting, the nurse came in and told us it would be at least another hour/hour and a half! She told us, "why don't you guys go and get something to eat!" SERIOUSLY!?!?! I was so upset. The results STILL had not come in, and we STILL have no clue if we even had ANY embies to transfer!
So, Justin and I got in our car and drove to Starbucks. We could not sit in that waiting room any longer! After Justin had a quick cup of coffee and an egg salad sandwich, we went back to the office at 11:30am and waited some more. Finally, at 12:00pm, I found the nurse and started crying. I said, "you know, this really isn't fair, we have no clue what's going on or if we even have anything to transfer!" The nurse was so nice though and told me that the results should be in soon. We waited some more. FINALLY, at 12:30pm, Dr. Hershlag came out to the empty waiting room - empty except for me and Justin - with a huge smile on his face. The report was finally here!
The report showed that out of the 11 embryos that had fertilized and started to divide:
4 of them had the disease
2 of them were inconclusive - they couldn't get a diagnosis on them
5 did NOT have the disease!!! Of those 5 that did not have the disease, one had arrested and stopped growing.
So, we had four embryos without the disease!!!! Of those 4, three of them were "hatching blastocysts" and one was of poorer quality. Now, a hatching blast is the best stage for a blastocyst to be at for transfer. It means that it is ready to "hatch" out of it's protective shell and implant into the uterus! Dr. Hershlag picked the two best hatching blasts, numbers 4 and 7 (our lucky numbers!) on the genesis sheet, and transferred them into me! I literally got to see the solution with the embies being transferred on the sonogram! It was unreal!! Dr. Hershlag also gave us a picture of our two perfect little hatching blasts and here they are!

After the transfer I laid in the recovery room for one hour. Once the hour was up, Justin took me home and now I am to be on bed rest (only getting up to go to the bathroom) for three days!
Please everyone prays that our little embies stick and that we are starting our family!
No comments:
Post a Comment