Sunday, February 14, 2010

1st Blood work and sono while stimming

Today I had my first sono and blood work appointment since I started stimming on Friday. Dr. Chu was my doctor today. She was the same doctor who did my water sono months ago. She was actually MUCH better today - she was in a great mood and really helped me out a lot! I told her that I have been feeling crampy and my stomach feels tight since I started the Follistim. I also told her that I thought my dosage was a little too high. She completely agreed. She said she needs to chek my blood work results first, but she thinks that maybe my FSH isn't as high as everyone thinks because after my sono, she said my ovaries look great AND she saw TWENTY follicles ALREADY! She didn't think she would see any!

That's a good and a bad thing though. It's good that I am responding well to the Follistim, but it's bad to hyperstimulate. I don't want to create to many eggs too fast because it could lead to canceling this cycle or even hospitalization. That's why they have me come in every other day for blood work and sono so they can monitor my progress and make sure everything is going well.

I just got the call from the doctor's office with my blood work results. They said that my Estrogen levels were a little high (270) and the doctor was cutting my Follistim in HALF! Now, instead of taking 450iu, i am taking 250! I am so glad that they reduced the dose because I think the 450 was WAY too much.

Keeping my fingers crossed for a good appointment on Tuesday - hopefully everything is going well and according to plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment